- Data Engineer
Saint Louis, MO | Full Time
- Data Engineer
Ocelot Consulting was born out of an idea that autonomy and mastery are worthy goals of good developers. We had an idea that the classical development organization could be made more efficient and pleasurable to work in if run in ways that developers valued. Ocelot works to innovate and inspire developers to try new things, applying them to client needs to solve today’s biggest problems.
We aim to give our Ocelot family challenging and rewarding work, competitive compensation and the opportunity to make their role into everything they want it to become. The establishment of a collaborative community of experts is the goal we aim to integrate all new team members into.
As a Data Engineer, you will develop innovative software using distributed data processing frameworks and techniques. Ocelot Data Engineers define and build data pipelines that enable our clients to make faster, better, data-informed business decision. You will work in a team environment with software engineers, analysts, and data scientists with the opportunity to mentor colleagues on your team and across other engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience implementing, debugging, identifying performance bottlenecks and fine-tuning batch and real-time big data integration frameworks in private or public cloud using various technologies (Azure Databricks, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS EMR, etc.)
- Experience applying principles, best practices, and trade-offs of schema design to various types of database systems: relational (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, etc.), NoSQL (HBase, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.) and in-memory (ElastiCache) with understanding and proficiency in data manipulation techniques
- Experience designing optimal ETL infrastructures from a variety of data sources
- Experience in one or more general purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, Python, etc.)
Nice to have
- Experience implementing a data lake architecture
- Experience with cloud-based data workflow orchestration services (AWS Data Pipeline, GCP DataFlow, Azure Data Factory)
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms
- Knowledge of API development (proper microservice separation, HTTP verb usage) and distributed microservice architectures providing elasticity, redundancy, failover, and intelligent routing
- Familiarity with DevOps practices, specifically understanding of OS and container management (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
Benefits include medical, dental, retirement, and PTO. For more details, see our Careers page.
Interested candidates: please submit resumes to [email protected].