- Cloud Engineer
Saint Louis, MO | Full Time
- Cloud Engineer
Ocelot Consulting was born out of an idea that autonomy and mastery are worthy goals of good engineers. We had an idea that the classical devops organization could be made more efficient and pleasurable to work in if run in ways that engineers valued. Ocelot works to innovate and inspire devops pros to try new things, applying them to client needs to solve today’s biggest problems.
We aim to give our Ocelot family challenging and rewarding work, competitive compensation and the opportunity to make their role into everything they want it to become. The establishment of a collaborative community of experts is the goal we aim to integrate all new team members into.
As a cloud engineer, you will build and automate highly available, elastic, and secure cloud-based infrastructure to support the needs of our client workloads. You will have the opportunity to work in a wide variety of areas including infrastructure automation, security, configuration management, continuous integration, continuous deployment as well as mentoring colleagues on your team and across other engineering teams.
- Experience deploying and maintaining infrastructure on a major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience using common infrastructure as code tool-sets (AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Cloud Deployment Manager)
- Working with common CI/CD and version control technologies (Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Creating, configuring, and running containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Proficiency in one or more common infrastructure automation languages (Shell Scripting, Python, Golang, etc.)
- Basic Linux OS setup and configuration
Nice to have
- Serverless technologies (Lambda, Google Functions, Azure Functions)
- Experience working in an Agile team-oriented environment
- General-purpose programming languages (Java, Scala, Python, Erlang, etc.)
- Docker Swarm / Kubernetes /Cloud Foundry experience
- Networking and Firewall concepts and troubleshooting
- Experience with common configuration management software (Ansible, Puppet, AWS SSM, etc.)
Standard Benefits Program (medical, dental, retirement, PTO, etc.)